|Please Support our Sponsors:
Pioneer Plasma TV Specifications
Pioneer PDP-43A5HD Plasma Display
Full-Color Brochure from Pioneer (PDF File)
Plasma Display Specifications
Screen Size 43" diagonal Screen Aspect 16:9 Contrast Ratio 4000:1 Brightness 1100cd/m2 Pixel Pitch [not published] hSync [not published] vSync [not published] Color System [not published] Data Signals VGA, SVGA, XGA TV Scan Lines 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i
Composite Video 3 (RCA) S-Video 3 (4-pin mini DIN) Component Video 2 (RCA x 3) VGA RGB Signal 1 (15-pin mini d-Sub) HDMI Interface 1 Stereo Audio In 4 (RCA L/R) PC Audio In 1 (mini stereo plug)
Composite Video 1 (RCA) Stereo Audio 1 (RCA L/R) Digital Audio 1 (OPTI)
Plasma Monitor Accessories
Audio Amplifier 13W x 2 Speakers Built In Speakers Mounting Options Table Stand Included
Dimensions and General Specs.
Power Supply 100-120V @ 50-60Hz Power Consumption [not published] Dimensions 44.1" x 25.7" x 3.7" Weight 59.10 lbs. FCC Class FCC Class B, Home Use
Key Features of the Pioneer PDP-43A5HD 43" Plasma Monitor
- Full High Definition Resolution; Wide WXGA (1024 x 768p)
- Advanced PureCinema With 3:3 Pull-Down: Converts All Signals to 768p, 72 Hz Display
- ACE IV True 10-bit Grey Scale: 1,792 Gradation Steps for Each Red, Green and Blue Cell: Over 1 Billion Colors!
- Pioneer Digital PureDrive: All Video Signals Processed in the 10-bit Digital Realm Only One A/D Conversion
- Pure Color Filter: New patented technology eliminates reflections and gaps between plasma glass and filter for a remarkable picture
- Ultra Bright 1,100 Cd/m2
- Deep Encased Cell Structure For improved contrast
- Adjustable Color Temperature 3 Settings w/6500 Degrees
- Multi Picture Window P-i-P Or Split Screen with Any Source (NTSC, DTV, HDTV, PC)
- All-digital HDMI Terminal (1)
- Digital Cable Ready (DCR) with Integrated ATSC Tuner
Pioneer Plasma Technology
Deep Encased Cell Structure plasma TV design allows each pixel to deliver a more concentrated beam of light, for truer color and brighter images.
Pure Crystal Emissive Layer is Pioneer plasma panel technology for dynamic color and contrast, extremely black blacks and increased brightness.
1st Surface Pure Color Filter for improved contrast and the most accurate color reproduction. The non-glass filter is bonded directly to the plasma panel reducing light reflection and refraction for a more accurate image.PureDrive II Signal Processing Full Time 10-bit Digital Video Processing, delivers a low noise, high contrast, natural color image.
New ACE IV (Advanced Continuous Emission), for billions of color reproduction and improved grey-scale rendering in dark picture areas.
Advanced PureCinema with 3:3 Pull Down, film-based material on DVD, videotape or even regular TV will match the smooth and natural reproduction youd see in a theater.
Color Temperature Adjustment, 3 Settings (High/Mid/Low)
Digital Noise Reduction (4 settings off / high / mid / low)
- MPEG Noise Reduction
- Digital CTI (Color Transient Improver)
- Natural Resize
- Natural Enhancer
- Croma Decoder, 10-bit
Built-in TV Tuners, for receiving over-the-air High Definition and Standard Definition Broadcasts.
- Dual NTSC Tuners and ATSC Tuner
- Digital Cable Ready (DCR) with CableCARD Interface
TV Guide On Screen Interactive Program Guide for easy navigation of TV program services
V-Chip Parental Control (Supporting MPAA & TV Parental Guidelines)
Aspect Ratio Control (5 position Wide / Zoom / Cinema / Full / 4:3) "Dot by Dot" for PC
Wide Viewing Angle (160 Degree Horizontal and Vertical)
Split Screen / Picture in Picture Multi-Window Display Modes for on-screen viewing multiple source at one time.
Full Function Preset and Learning Remote Control
Terminals and Connections
The Pioneer PDP-43A5HD does not include the media reciver. All connections are made directly to the plasma TV.
Return to the Plasma TV model index page